I’ll be turning the big 4 O tomorrow. When I was 20, I thought 30 was old, 40?! You’ve got to be kidding! That was ancient to the 20-year-old me. And then I turned 30, never thought of what it would be like to turn 40, I was too busy being miserable to even bother to think about turning the big four O. You see, I hated my life and was bored with my job at 30. And then I just let life happen and went with the flow and found myself working in Africa and met really good friends over there (even my future-husband!). And two years after that, got married, got pregnant and now my daughter is 2 years-old and I’m turning 40.
The big question is:
If it does, then I guess it would be really nice to be able to finally do the following:
– Hopefully get pregnant before turning 41. Then that’s it for me – a little baby boy would be really nice.
– Be able to write more short stories and maybe even a novel. (Don’t we all?) and self-publish them. If I don’t do it, who will?
– If I don’t get pregnant, lose a bit of weight. But I heard once you turn 40, it becomes even more impossible to do that.
– Travel more but sadly, my wings are still clipped right now.
– Move back and live in a city. I’ve realised long ago, that I sadly am not really a country-girl. I’ve given up the pretence now and have finally come out of the closet – I am a city person.
– Jog or even do brisk walking which I used to do when I was single.
– Learn how to use the sewing machine I got ages ago.
– Speak fluent Spanish.
– Learn a craft, pottery perhaps?
– Drive in the UK. Oh but wait, first I have to learn how to drive on the left side and then hopefully pass the two tests to get a UK license.
Yes, I really am a boring person. At the moment, I don’t really have big hopes and aspirations. I’ll let you know if I suddenly turn ambitious. Ambitious at 40? Then again, why not?