Let’s pretend Valentine’s Day isn’t all about consumerism, though I really don’t have much of a problem with it, along with the other “holidays”. It’s nice to be remembered or for a day (other than their birthday), make your love one feel special, although under no circumstances should the gift-giving be an obligation, right folks?
If you’ve been following me for awhile now, either my blog or Instagram, you will probably have guessed by now that I love books like most of us here. I also get a high in anything books related, and I’m sure many book-lovers out there will be able to relate. So I thought of coming up with a list of presents you could buy for your partner/husband or wife who share the same passion as me.
Who said Valentine’s Day is all about cards, flowers and chocolates?
1. If they love poetry, instead of a card, get them a poetry pamphlet like this Ten Poems about Love:
It comes with a handy bookmark too!
And if you think love poetry isn’t their thing, you can also choose poems about cats, bicycles, you name it, they probably have it.
2. And if you think jewellery is their weakness, I’d say get them this lovely, I want-it-too, Brown and Black Stack Book Necklace:
Isn’t it just the quaintest necklace you’ve ever seen. I want it too!
3. For the next item, I know you might think, there’s nothing romantic about giving a mug on Valentine’s Day, not if it’s this! ….
Or this … I also want …
All items from #1-3 are all from The Literary Gift Company. Also photo credit also go to them. They’ve got other lovely items in case, my choices isn’t your kind. Browsing them is a must!
4. And if you think, I might as well by him/her a book then. Look no more! Get them Ivan Turgenev’s book “First Love” with it’s beautiful illustrations from the Folio Society. I’m currently reading his other book “On the Eve” and I’m really enjoying it.
Photo Credit: The Folio Soceity
Then again, there are lots of beautifully illustrated books from the Folio Society, guaranteed that if you choose any book from them, your loved one would certainly feel special.
5. And lastly, what spells romance other than scented candles? This scented candle may look anything but romantic, then again, who cares? Just imagine a candle smelling papery with a hint of vanilla? I don’t know about you, but I’m sold!
Photo credit here.
If you want to buy any of the items listed here, just click on their links! 🙂
I’m hoping my husband would read this post in time. He does read my blog every now and then when he has time, but I have a feeling he’ll miss this and I’m guessing I’m getting flowers and chocolates again, which is absolutely fine of course 😉
Then again, you don’t really have to wait for anyone to buy you any of the items mentioned above. If you fancy them, buy them yourself! Treat yourself to a lovely item that will always remind you about your love for books, as if anyone would need to be reminded 😉 I’ve got my eye on that stack of books necklace, its mine! 😉
What about you?
Do you like any of the items mentioned here?
Do you exchange gifts with your partners/husbands/wives for Valentines?